In the Kingdom, we start with our brokenness.
In Luke 18, Jesus tells the Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector, which challenges the self-righteous.
And as we look at the first of the Beatitudes, we are challenged that “our brokenness is not something to hide, it’s the price of admission”. If you’re broken, you belong!
A few questions
- Do we live with the awareness that all we have has been given from God?
- Where does our dependence lie?
- Have we “tax collector” or “Pharisee” posture?
- What does a community of “poor in spirit” look like?
- How do we view & value others?
- Do we know and live in a way that shows all people are of great worth?